If Clauses Type 2 Second Type Definition and Example Sentences PDF Worksheet For Students
For Download PDF Worksheet, Click Here; If Clauses Type 2 Second Type Definition and Example Sentences PDF Worksheet For Students
If Clause Type 2 is used to think of the opposite of an event that is happening in the present or in the future, to put forward a condition and to express the result of this imaginary condition. Therefore, the tense that we can use must be a bit more past than the tense that we will use to express the truth. So, that is like to use; would instead of will, did instead of do, could instead of can.
- I have to work tomorrow, so I can’t come to the amusement park. (Future)
- If I were you, I would want to be a doctor. ( but I am not you)
- If I understood what the teacher said, I could tell you. ( but I don’t understand )
- If she weren’t ill, she would go to the school. ( but she is ill )
- If I were a chairman, I would offer new and different ideas. ( but I am not chairman)